The Curriculum at Renfrew High School
The curriculum is the totality of experience our learners receive. Within the Scottish curriculum all learners are entitled to:
- a coherent curriculum which builds on their strengths, interests, achievement and prior learning
- a broad general education through to S3
- a senior phase which affords them the opportunity to gain qualifications and other achievements
- develop skills for learning, life and work with a focus on literacy, numeracy and health and wellbeing
- personal support to gain as much as they can from their time at school
- support into a positive, sustained destination beyond school
Click on the links above to learn more.
The rationale for our curriculum has been developed in consultation with staff, learners and parents. It sets out what we want our young people to experience and achieve.
Our curriculum will:
- provide learners with a wide variety of relevant, challenging and enjoyable learning opportunities and experiences
- support learners to attain and achieve to their highest potential
- develop our learners’ skills, talents and personalities to prepare them for learning, life and work beyond school as happy, confident and responsible people who enjoy success in a sustained positive destination